[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Tue May 12 09:00:09 CDT 2009

Actually, I still don't see a problem here.

If we have an abstract rendering, which formally specifies the
semantics of the data, and normative renderings which formally define
the mapping to concrete formats (JSON, CSV, etc.), then it is trivial
to put a converter (say, XSLT in the XML case) between them to map the
data.

The same thing can be done for all other renderings as well, provided
that the semantics of the data and renderings are fixed.

-Alexander

Am 12.05.2009 um 15:31 schrieb Alexis Richardson:

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Chris Webb <chris.webb at elastichosts.com
> > wrote:
>> Alexis Richardson <alexis.richardson at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I still think there can be only one interop format - I think Chris
>>> put
>>> it very well.
>>
>> I didn't make quite that strong a statement! It's fine to have
>> multiple
>> interop formats but you can't have *optional* interop formats.
>> Clients can't
>> rely on anything optional: they have to use one of the compulsory
>> renderings
>> if they want their code to be portable across cloud providers.
>
> Maybe we are talking about different things.
>
> I am talking about the format for the data exchanged between client
> and cloud.
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Chris.

Alexander Papaspyrou