[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Mon May 11 13:05:35 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Richard Davies <
richard.davies at elastichosts.com> wrote:

> > For the benefit of showing what an integration point might look like,
> > would it be possible to autogenerate some XML from this?
>
> I don't know what the standard tools are, but I'm sure it would be a
> trivial
> mechanical transform to go between

Therein lies the problem - there are no "standard tools" nor any way to
specify a cross-platform mechanical transform for JSON (at least not yet).

Enter the externalisation in the form of expensive consultants required to
implement $PREFERRED_FORMAT in $PREFERRED_LANGUAGE, which is one of a number
of areas where oversimplification actually ends up biting the users.

Note that short of implementing each format for each language, there's
absolutely nothing we can do to help them here.