[occi-wg] Syntax for attributes on links

Benjamin Black b at b3k.us
Thu May 7 17:53:55 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Sam Johnston <samj at samj.net> wrote:

> We were talking before about all URLs appearing in the protocol, which
> does make a lot of sense. UUIDs are universally unique already are
> resolveable if not retrievable from the entry point that served them,
> and don't break when moved or shared. There are pros and cons of both
> approaches bit I think we need to understand the full implications
> before we decide one way or the other.

Can you point me to the requirements you've written up for this?

There have (unsurprisingly) been public and private calls to rubber
> stamp various APIs but each have their benefits and drawbacks and
> we're trying to pick out the best parts. Single entry points,
> discovery, controllers and some of the structure came from Sun^W
> Oracle Cloud APIs already... the main thing that hasn't (yet) come
> across is JSON.

Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.  I am not asking that work be
rubber stamped, I am asking that work be adopted as a basis for further
work, rather than recreating large portions of it.  Once again, the question
goes unanswered.

Best of luck.

Ben