[occi-wg] Is OCCI the HTTP of Cloud Computing?

Cloud Central - Kristoffer Sheather kristoffer.sheather at cloudcentral.com.au
Wed May 6 20:54:48 CDT 2009

Hi Richard,

As a developer coming from an enterprise IT background, .NET in particular, I support an XML rendering of the OCCI protocol.  Whether it should be atom based remains to be seen IMO.  Personally I prefer plain old XML + XML schema.

I think that we need to focus on the model itself primarily, ensuring its kept as abstract as possible whilst still being specific enough to meet requirements.  Once we have the model defined, then we can focus more on the rendering from the model to the data formats.

I do agree that whatever route we take, feature support by each protocol rendering should be lossless, or as lossless as possible.  There should be no first and second class citizens here.

Regards,
Kristoffer Sheather