[occi-wg] Is OCCI the HTTP of Cloud Computing?

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed May 6 09:23:14 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Richard Davies <
richard.davies at elastichosts.com> wrote:

> Don't think we need to make it lossy - just would need slightly smarter
> conversion tools when converting back to XML which know when they have to
> put in blank or standard XML fields which have been omitted for simplicity
> in other formats.

So the human friendly title is one thing that would be lost with your
proposal... and things like frame/block size (unless you're happy to say it
will never happen, and I'm wary of doing that, just as I'm wary of telling
people to support another specific networking or storage or security or
whatever protocol to cover our shortcomings).