[occi-wg] Is OCCI the HTTP of Cloud Computing?

Edmonds, AndrewX andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Tue May 5 14:58:18 CDT 2009

Ah ok now that makes things a little clearer.
I saw Benjamin’s (@benjaminblack) concerns regarding the usage of atom but if we are using it as the metamodel then it only adds more rigor to our effort. On the other hand we are dependent on the atom model. If adopting atom we need to take our nouns apply the atom metamodel to them. I’ve a simple little metamodel that I was playing about which could provide a means for our atom-based noun model (attached). It is most basic but follows some aspects such as OVF and Sun API. Perhaps that could serve as a starting point?

If we settle on the model (how nouns are related) then I don’t see any real issue in the presentation of that model via various renderings (here we could use content negotiation) like text, json and xml (although a rendering of atom-based json might look ugly – perhaps JSONSchema [1] might be of use here? As for text – no idea, yet ☺).

Andy

[1] http://www.json.com/json-schema-proposal