[occi-wg] Extraction of requirements

Edmonds, AndrewX andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Fri May 1 03:33:21 CDT 2009

Yes I would also support the inclusion of Monitoring.
Although users can access monitoring data from within a VM these may not be accurate. It would be very useful if a provider would expose certain metrics about a VM or set of VMs that are obtained directly through the hypervisor. What this then might allow users to do it to confirm that what providers are giving them is in fact what they can see from metrics gathered from the VM. There was hints by guys in SAP (here [1]) about the formation of some working group/standard around this type of monitoring notion applied against IaaS.

Andy

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/cloudforum/browse_thread/thread/8ab6090fa0ec121c  <- see Steve Winkler's post