[occi-wg] Ambiguity regarding Collections

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed Jun 24 17:28:09 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:16 AM, <shlomo.swidler at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Don't get me wrong - testing is important, just not today while we're
> trying
> > to get a[n overdue] draft out the door. Correct functioning against a
> > reference implementation would be a good start.
>
> Sam, thanks for clarifying the process.
>
> I didn't mean to imply that we need to work on compliance tests now,
> I'm just wondering if this is a deliverable we will provide at some
> point, and whether or not it will be available "in time" to help spec
> implementors.

It would definitely be nice to have, and the reference implementation we
have today is for the server side interface (that is, only useful for
testing clients). It's not on our official list of deliverables though - I'm
fairly confident the interop problems will be with the data interchange
format(s), as is the case today (OVF isn't really working as intended just
yet).

Thanks for the feedback - do you have any thoughts about the interface
itself?