[occi-wg] Finished first pass over FeatureMatrix

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:56:49 CDT 2009

Chuck,

Raid is for availability when there is a disk "failure".  If there is
data corruption on the disk due to raid controller, multi-bit errors on
the interconnect or corruption due to a non-failure mode related disk
defect; raid has no hope of saving your skin, this a common mis-conception.

As for interconnects, my two favorites are SAS and infiniband (now
clocked @ 40gb/s).

It is not uncommon for see scsi read command to data latencies on a raid
system in excess of 1s. You will see much better performance results if
you load up your system with 4gb ECC of disk cache. ;)

-g