[occi-wg] A note from the chairs

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:06:14 CDT 2009

Hi Thijs

Thanks for the great email.

I would like to add one item that I believe would assist defining the api.

After reviewing all the apis we can find, I've noticed a broad set of
configuration options to setup and operate an IaaS virtual machine.
Some configuration options I would consider at the PaaS level in the
cloud hierarchy. Other settings I would consider configuring the
underlying fabric.

Today, the cloud hierarchy does not have a clear definition of
capabilities.

Coming to consensus characterizing the cloud hierarchy will help clarify
the organization of the document and define configuration attributes for
inclusion.

I did send out a pdf, yesterday taking a broad swipe at characterizing
the hierarchy. I didn't get a chance to put it up on the wiki, I'll get
to that later.

-gary