[occi-wg] libcloud: a unified (python) interface to the cloud

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sat Jul 25 03:22:48 CDT 2009

It seems though that they're not the only 'libcloud' in town - there's
another libcloud effort underway at RedHat, complete with some interesting
discussions<https://www.redhat.com/archives/libcloud-list/2009-July/thread.html>that
map across to what we're doing (e.g. EC2->REST).

My problem with the adapter approach is that there are significant impedance
mismatches between APIs. They're a good way to get something going now but
we should try to get these initiatives supporting OCCI as soon as possible
to smooth the migration path... ultimately clients should be able to talk a
common language rather than try their luck with translators.

Sam