[occi-wg] OCCI Latest Draft

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Tue Jul 7 07:09:57 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Gary Mazz <garymazzaferro at gmail.com> wrote:

> We may want to consider 2 additional  properties for storage.
>
> Name: It is used to identify the storage object

title and summary information (as well as categories) will be common to all
objects - I'll add it to OCCI core directly.

> MountPoint: It is used to identify the storage object presentation to the
> OS
>
> These are very rough equivalents to vlan and IP address respectively...

Right, which brings us back to links and associations (remember, mount
points and so on are not related to resources but to the links between
them). I've been working hard on these, looking at details like caching and
capacity and will document my findings as soon as I work out wtf is up with
subversion.