[occi-wg] OCCI Latest Draft

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Mon Jul 6 21:25:23 CDT 2009

Morning all,

I've been doing some more work on the draft over the weekend and today as I
hope to have it in good condition in time for the various cloud interop
events next week. It's finally starting to take shape now that extensions
(e.g. state machines), attributes and registries (e.g. HTTP status codes)
have been added, even if they're a long way from finished.

The OCCI Core profile is generic and can be used with any resource, while
OCCI Infrastructure defines compute, network and storage nouns (with
attributes that are designed to be both extensible and trivially mapped to
txt, json and xml formats) as well as extensions for relevant functionality
like state machines.

Anyway the GridForge subversion repository just blew up and my local version
doesn't build any more so given it's after 4am already I'm going to call it
a day and send what I have so far by mail (attached). The master's DocBook
v5 but there's HTML, XML-FO and PDF renderings too... I'll fix the
subversion repository tomorrow so others can get in on the action.

If you do plan to contribute though, please bear in mind that I am making
personal contributions available under CC-BY-SA in addition to the standard
OGF terms which I consider far too restrictive. I'd very much rather other
editors follow my example so as the spec is not inextricably bound to any
single organisation, as is customary for other cloud APIs (e.g. GoGrid, Sun
Cloud API).

Thanks,