[occi-wg] OCCI specification document

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 09:44:07 CDT 2009

Hi,

I think many of Richard's comments is a result of the API document
lagging consensus reached in the weekly conference calls.

Below is a list of Richard's comments already addressed, but not in the
OCCI API document.

5. Nouns and attributes -  On the topic of units MB,GB, TB, we had
agreed on IEC 60027-2 as the unit of measure for values. This standard
permits the use of kilo, mega, giga, etc... Requiring the support of a
float type in this case, for CD images less then GB capacity,  is
unnecessary .

Status and reporting: Richard brings up a good point. The status values
are not clearly defined, in terms of life cycle state.

Storage stuff:

Richard again brings up a good point about storage durability. Its a
broad class of service quality not a specific technology. Defining a
durability definition for storage was touched on but, do not believe
solid consensus was not reached. I'd like to add this as a discussion
item for tomorrow's conference call.

The fact that storage is RAID or mirrored, retention periods or if data
is "shredded" after use should be considered part of a "back office"
infrastructure and out of scope for this version of OCCI. However, I
think this is the perfect opportunity take advantage of OCCI "linking"
to SNIA's CDMI.

-gary