[occi-wg] Some notes on work done in the background

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 14 02:17:40 CDT 2009

Hi,

Most of you might know that the wiki on http://www.cloud-standards.org
tries to give an overview of all Cloud standards. Especially with a
focus on collaboration! There is also a diagram showing the positioning
of all the cloud standards:
http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=Cloud_standards_positioning It is a first short but looking promising.

Next to that talks with the Cloud group inside of SNIA are going on - we
are probably going to have a whitepaper describing the how OCCI and SNIA
can work together.

There if not much going on on the DMTF front currently.

OGF itself is heavily engaged in pushing OCCI and other topics. For
example several guys are currently at the CloudWorld (You might have
seen the email from Joel about it - there is a OCCI one pager btw). Next
to that OGF talks to many other organizations and goverments about Cloud
Standards and howto collaborate.

Finally OCCI itself is represented pretty good as well:

http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.occi-wg/wiki/Presentations

I just wanted to give you all an update of what is going on in the
background. Of cause we are also working on our specification so stay
tuned.

All the best,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com