[occi-wg] Call Followup

Randy Bias randyb at gogrid.com
Wed Apr 29 10:37:04 CDT 2009

Just want to clarify re: storage that we don¹t need it in the initial draft,
but are keen to have a standard around some aspects of it.  If I recall
correctly we drew the line on storage saying that the core API functionality
would allow managing it at the infrastructure (disk, mount, etc.) level, but
not necessarily at the file/object level.  We¹ll also need the latter, which
is what I believe the SNIA folks are working on.  I can¹t recall the
particular working group.  Mark Carlson, do you know which one it is?

Anyway, in order of priority my desired list of deliverables looks something
like this:

    1) Clean core API + extensibility delivered ASAP (preferably by end of
June)
    2) Storage mgmt extensions for block devices and mount points (end of
July)
    3) File/object based extensions to allowing send/receive and arbitrary
URLs for retrieval of any given file/object (end of August)

Just putting my desired scenario and objectives here.  I realize we might
not be able to achieve all of these in this time frame.  I also realize that
SNIA probably is the best owner for 3.  I¹m eager for them to join us on the
next call.

--Randy

--
Randy Bias, VP Technology Strategy, GoGrid
randyb at gogrid.com, (415) 939-8507 [mobile]