[occi-wg] vCloud architecture diagrams

Randy Bias randyb at gogrid.com
Sun Apr 26 02:54:49 CDT 2009

I have not looked at it in detail, but would be surprised if it could be
used for true interop any time soon.  More likely we'll need a way to either
pre-parse and reject OVFs that aren't viable on a given platform or a way to
convert on import.

Or some combination.

--Randy

On 4/25/09 11:15 PM, "Tim Bray" <Tim.Bray at Sun.COM> wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2009, at 10:42 AM, Edmonds, AndrewX wrote:
>
>> I think one of the big things within presentation is the usage of
>> OVF and its status as a ³1st class citizen² in their API
>
> I've been looking at OVF.  There's a lot to like there, but the
> thought of using it for *interop* is awfully scary.  The notion of
> exposing various aspects of machine state or maybe even machine-group
> state in OVF seems plausible, but in the general case, importing OVF
> that someone else has produced and attempting to reproduce what it's
> describing, in an automated way, seems beyond the current state of the
> art.
>
> I'd be unsurprised and pleased to be told "Everybody knows that,
> silly".  I'd be surprised and delighted if someone put up their hand
> and said "Oh yes, we can do that for arbitrary OVF".  Or possibly I'm
> just missing something obvious.
>
>   -Tim

Randy Bias, VP Technology Strategy, GoGrid
randyb at gogrid.com, (415) 939-8507 [mobile]
BLOG: http://neotactics.com/blog, TWITTER: twitter.com/randybias