[occi-wg] Comments on draft OGF protocol description requested

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed Apr 22 05:38:15 CDT 2009

Ralph,

This is an increasingly important topic - I would like to see cloud
infrastructure workloads (especially virtual machines) sandboxed by default
and pinholes created for requisite services. For bonus points the ability to
specify application level parameters such as allowable HTTP verbs and URL
regexps would be helpful. I also think this would be a worthy extension for
OCCI at some point in the future (as this is a sensible place for such
configuration).

I fear that this specific implementation could be a little on the complex
side and would prefer to see something like a simple text protocol
(e.g. ufw<http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ufw-uncomplicated-firewall-for-ubuntu-hardy.html>)
over SSL/HTTPS, though I admit I haven't fully considered the security
model.

I would suggest this is something we can discuss together after the
implementable draft is done next month.

Sam