[occi-wg] OCCI MC - State Machine Diagram

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Mon Apr 20 05:35:53 CDT 2009

Howdy everyone,

Excellent thread. My three cents:

1) I think we should define clearly the semantics of the states. for
instance, what is the difference between STOPPED and SUSPENDED? Is it
that with SUSPENDED the state is saved and not with STOPPED?

2) I really think we need an entry state like "PENDING" or "DEFINED".
It will help in implementation relying on a best-effort scheduler to
match VMs and hosts, like EC2 does. This will be the state where
machines will wait for a host to be available to run on. Also, I don't
really think that a machine entering its life cycle in SUSPENDED state
is a good idea.

3) +1 to the "CRASHED", "ERROR" or "FAILED" state.

What do you think?

-Tino