[occi-wg] OCCI MC - State Machine Diagram

Edmonds, AndrewX andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Mon Apr 20 04:58:13 CDT 2009

Mornin!
After looking at the state model with a colleague (Victor), it was brought up that there are no exception states captured. Might it be appropriate to insert an error state such as “ERROR” or “CRASHED”? The assumption of the state model currently is that no failures occur but we should design with this in mind.

Now perhaps failure is mitigated by provider internal strategies in which case exceptions are not revealed to a client but if a provider does not have advanced recovery strategies there’s no way to signal exceptions to a client (we should cater for lowest common denominator).

Andy