[occi-wg] Resource Types: Compute / Network / Storage

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sun Apr 19 16:02:11 CDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Simon Wardley <simon.wardley at canonical.com
> wrote:

> > FYI the process of generating the last stack involved classifying
> > everything cloud-related
>
> I'm not sure what you're talking about here?
>
> <snip>
> > If however it makes sense to boil it down further for your particular
> > application then go right ahead.
>
> I now don't know what you're talking about.

There are various bits that need to go in various boxes. Where do the gOS
Cloud <http://www.thinkgos.com/index.html> operating system (or Ubuntu
Netbook Remix for that matter) and Cisco's unified computing offering fit in
the Application/Platform/Infrastructure stack? They don't, hence we need
something [marginally] more complex to cover what's above and below... enter
the "Servers" and "Clients" layers.

If for the sake of your presentations/documentation/whatever you prefer to
drop these then go for your life, but they do make sense (and are important)
to some of us.