[occi-wg] Nouns and Verbs (was: Syntax of OCCI API) - state model

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Fri Apr 17 09:48:34 CDT 2009

This is what VMware have (had) to say on the subject:

http://pubs.vmware.com/vi-sdk/visdk250/ReferenceGuide/vim.vm.GuestInfo.GuestState.html

notRunning, resetting, running, shuttingDown, standby, unknown

We're going to have to be very careful with this because if we're to expect
providers like VMware, MS, Citrix, etc. to implement this stuff then we're
going to want to make it as easy as possible (which means not stripping out
states they [think they] need or relying on states they don't have).

Sam