[occi-wg] APIs for cloud computing

Ignacio Martin Llorente llorente at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Apr 17 09:34:55 CDT 2009

Nice... as you mention in the document, OpenNebula is a VM Manager
(tool for Datacenter/cluster virtualization or "private cloud" with
support for "hybrid clouds"), being an open-source alternative to such
as Platform VM Orchestrator, VMware vCenter or Microsoft System Center.

That is the reason why OpenNebula provides API/CLI for VM migration,
physical resource management and monitoring... Although we do not
provide a Cloud API, RESERVOIR is developing a Cloud API on top of
OpenNebula (called VMI), exposing to remote users only part of the
OpenNebula functionality.

I hope OCCIwill be adopted as Cloud interface by RESERVOIR, so the
project could provide a reference implementation of the new
specification using OpenNebula as back-end.

Regards

--
Ignacio M. Llorente, Full Professor (Catedratico): web http://dsa-research.org/llorente
  and blog http://imllorente.dsa-research.org/