[occi-wg] Nouns and Verbs (was: Syntax of OCCI API) - state model

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Fri Apr 17 08:49:37 CDT 2009

Quoting [Ignacio Martin Llorente] (Apr 17 2009):

> We do not need "migrated", that is an internal operation that can not
> be requested using a Cloud API

Do we consider the use case that a user can request
additional resources while the instance is Running?  In such
a case, a user might actually be able to trigger migration.
But then again, the resource provisioning is an
implementation detail, so Migration may not be what is
happening...

Anyway, even if migration is an internal process: as long as
it affects the provided level of service, the user should be
informed about it, I think?

Cheers, Andre.

--
Nothing is ever easy.