[occi-wg] Nouns and Verbs (was: Syntax of OCCI API) - state model

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 17 07:59:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 13:46 +0100, Chris Webb wrote:
> of VMs within a cloud for load-balancing is something that should
> surely be completely user-transparent. Is this intended for some other
> purpose?)

I think it might be useful to know the exact state at sometime. Maybe we
an split is up: It only get in migration state when the users triggered
the operation. It stays in running when it is a load-balacing operation.

> Also, I don't follow what your 'installed' and 'starting' states are
> for.
> Surely our virtual machine is either running or not: we can't
> distinguish
> from outside whether a guest OS has fully started or not, even if we
> believe
> such a distinction is well-defined.

I tried to summarize the states in the wiki page :-)

Cheers,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com