[occi-wg] Vendor Extensions

Randy Bias randyb at gogrid.com
Thu Apr 16 20:17:54 CDT 2009

I apologize if this is already in some of Sam's work.  I haven't had a
chance to dig into the latest in detail.

I just want to bring up one of my hot buttons, which is vendor specific
extensions.  As Richard/Chris brought up it's good to start with something
simple that covers all vendors, but that certainly won't be enough to cover
all current use cases.  And certain functionality only exists in certain
clouds.

For example, I'm pretty sure we're still the only cloud with load balancers
and billing data provided via the API.

So, I'm keen to make sure that we start with a clean common subset of
functionality with the minimal set of nouns+verbs AND have a way to extend
the functionality on a per-vendor basis such that the baseline API is not
broken.

I will give some more ideas on specifics of how we could do this after I
have a chance to look a bit more at the latest proposals from Sam.

Best,

--Randy

--
Randy Bias, VP Technology Strategy, GoGrid
randyb at gogrid.com, (415) 939-8507 [mobile]