[occi-wg] Syntax of OCCI API

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Thu Apr 16 14:53:21 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Chris Webb <chris.webb at elastichosts.com>wrote:

> Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net> writes:
>
> > So, what this discussion basically boils down to is, that
> > this group should do two steps:
> >
> >   A) define the nouns and verbs for the API, and nail down
> >      semantics for them
> >
> >   B) do different bindings for the result of (A)
> >
> > Looks sensible (to me), and there seem to be enough people
> > around who can check the process in (A) for implementability
> > in the various options of (B).
>
> I certainly think this is a good plan. I split my original posting into
> these two halves for exactly this reason!

Nouns and verbs would be very helpful for me, for sure.

Use cases (even one liners) would be great too... e.g. "Disaster recovery
where an off-site virtual replica of physical infrastructure is regularly
taken for rapid failover" or "Large scale public cloud service with
multi-tenancy for an arbitrary number of users and workloads". I'm guessing
that we haven't collected so many of these because the template is [too?]
complex.