[occi-wg] Syntax of OCCI API

Richard Davies richard.davies at elastichosts.com
Thu Apr 16 13:29:43 CDT 2009

On reflection, I think I'll take my comments on the network objects a little
further - I don't think that a separate object is needed here at all, and
believe that the configuration should be folded into the server (as
network.eth0.vlan, network.eth0.dhcp, etc.).

My logic is that API objects should only exist where something exists with
state which is persistent and independent of other objects.

server, drives, and ownership of resources such as static IPs or VLANs all
fulfill this.

Network configuration does not - essentially this is just configuration of a
network interface on a server. As such, it's much simpler to fold the
configuration into the server object itself, rather than splitting it out
into a separate "configuration object" and linking to it from the main
"server object".