[occi-wg] Syntax of OCCI API

Chris Webb chris.webb at elastichosts.com
Thu Apr 16 05:23:48 CDT 2009

Alexis Richardson <alexis.richardson at gmail.com> writes:

> From my own experience of designing AMQP (with others) a good practice
> here is to distinguish a core "MUST implement" set of operations that
> users might call frequently, which is then reserved from a possibly larger
> set of operations that are administrative, or address optional cases.
> Would you be comfortable with that?

Yes. I think it's inevitable that not all features are available from all
providers. Even in our own API we have things which we have specified but
not yet implemented, such as drive snapshots.

Off the top of my head, one could well imagine that stopped and suspended
guests, VLANs, static IPs, and drives taken as snapshots of other drives
might very well be functionality that some providers would expose and others
would not.

Best wishes,

Chris.