[occi-wg] Scheduling parameters

Ignacio Martin Llorente llorente at dacya.ucm.es
Wed Apr 15 06:09:56 CDT 2009

Dear Mehdi,

About OpenNebula and Cloud infrastructures:

- OpenNebula can be primarily used as a virtualization tool to manage
your virtual infrastructure in the data-center or cluster. You know,
this application is usually referred as private cloud,
- With OpenNebula you can also dynamically scale it to multiple
external clouds, so building a hybrid cloud.
- When combined with a Cloud interface (Eucalyptus, Nimbus...) ,
OpenNebula can be used as engine for public clouds, providing a
scalable and dynamic management of the back-end infrastructure.

You can also use OpenNebula as Cloud Broker. In fact we are now
executing some use cases across EC2 and ElasticHosts sites, without
using local infrastructure. In this specific case, Reservoir is doing
research on cross-site VM placement heuristics and algorithms
different categories of parameters:
–VEE requirements
–SLAs
–Local and remote resource availability
–Performance measurements
–Negotiation and placement decision time
–Financial benefit

Regards

--
Ignacio M. Llorente, Full Professor (Catedratico): web http://dsa-research.org/llorente