[Nsi-wg] List of NSI2 Issues

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Fri May 26 07:31:01 EDT 2017

Hi

Just to keep this list updated:

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017, Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:

> * Provision/Release/Terminate
>
> At a point in time we removed the provisionFailed, releaseFailed, and
> terminateFailed messages. I think this was with the reason that these actions
> weren't really allowed to fail. This is mostly true, with the exception that
> with security checks the requests can fail. There is no way to signal this
> back to the client AFAICT.
>

> * State machine
>
> Due to the above issue, aggregators can be stuck in "Provisioning" and
> "Releasing", with agents further down not wanting to move into provisioning
> due to missing credentials. I have solved this by adding loop transitions, so
> that the following are possible:
>
> Provisioning -> Provisioning, on provision request
> Releasing -> Releasing, on release request

Terminating -> Terminating is also needed, so that terminate() can be
re-issued in case of failures. It is the exact same issue as with
provisioning/releasing.

I have a user who have been seeing these occasionally and we got them
solved today by allowing this transition, so that terminate() could be
re-issued. Much easier than mucking around in the database and cleaning up
routers manually.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet