[Nsi-wg] NSI AA document ready to go to public comment

Guy Roberts Guy.Roberts at geant.org
Wed Jun 29 07:48:12 EDT 2016

Hello All,

Thanks to Richard for his second review of the NSI AA document (as well as the review from Jens).  We will address the outstanding issues on today’s NSI call.

The marked up AA doc is available here:
https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/13424

Comments by Richard:

Most of the comments dealt with in a clear manner.

Only two points remain:

1. How does the OE know the path and hence the Auth servers in advance of path computation?

The assumption from John:

“It is my assumption that a user community like LHCONE would use one authorization system and anyone using, or providing resource as part of, would use the same system.” May be valid but it really limits the general use of the standard.

Somewhere in maybe section 7, or the intro, you need to have some lines outlining limitation/assumption and stating that the general case if for future study.

2. OAuth section seems to introduce new terminology.

Guy

Guy Roberts PhD
Senior Transport Network Architect
Tel: +44 (0)1223 371316
Mob: +44 (0)7881 336417
Skype: guy1965

GÉANT
Networks • Services • People
Learn more at www.geant.org​<http://www.geant.org/>
​
GEANT Limited, trading as GÉANT. Registered in England & Wales. Registration Number 2806796. Registered Office – City House, 126-130 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1PQ