[Nsi-wg] NSI voting results

Freek Dijkstra freek.dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Fri Mar 20 14:15:38 EDT 2015

On 20-3-2015 18:30, Guy Roberts wrote:

> Please find below the results of the vote for the NSI topology
> distribution proposals.

Congrats John,

As I mailed the chairs, I think the UvA and ESnet proposal are fairly
similar, and I certainly appreciate the clarity that this vote has brought.

For what it's worth, this is what I considered the key points of each
proposal:

Miroslav's proposal adds one indirection (distribute URL's instead of
topologies itself). This may be beneficial if the originator likes to
expose different topologies based on the recipient.

John's proposal can also distribute other information (documents).

Henrik's proposal has a clear vision on how to deal with policies: by
distributing reachability instead of distributing topologies.

I hope that the strong points of each proposal may benefit in future
discussion on how to deal with different policies.

I thank the chairs for organizing this vote as a way to provide clarity
and move forward.

Regards,
Freek