[Nsi-wg] Additional query filtering

John MacAuley macauley at es.net
Fri Jul 17 14:13:20 EDT 2015

Peoples,

Juliano Wickboldt from UFRGS brought up the previous query deficiency.  He as also asked us to consider adding a new filter criteria to the set of query* operations.  Juliano is looking for a capability similar to If-Modified-Since in the query to allow only new or modified reservations to be returned in the result set.  We cannot use the HTTP header elements for this since we are using SOAP messaging, so we have one of two options:

1. Modify the existing "QueryType" to include the additional query parameters and the Confirmed types to included a Last-Modified element indicating the new value.  This is not a backwards compatible change so I believe we will need to wait until CS 2.1 or later before supporting the capability.

2. Add an If-Modified-Since element to the SOAP header in the query* messages for an NSA to use in filtering the request.  Also, add the Last-Modified element in the Confirmed SOAP header for the result set.  This would not impact the existing NSI schema and allow for implementation of the capability in the current NSAs.

Anyone have thoughts on this topic?  A good feature to have?  Comments on options 1 and 2?

Thanks,