[Nsi-wg] Pathfinding and Service (a new topology suggestion)

John MacAuley macauley at es.net
Fri Feb 27 10:14:24 EST 2015

Henrik,

I was talking with Chin about the following example and his understanding was different than mine.  I think I have it wrong but wanted to check.

For the link "urn:ogf:network:aruba:bonaire-otn" my understanding was from Bonaire I could use EVTS to reach Curacao with a cost of 2, and I could use OTN to reach Bonaire (back to me) with a cost of 1.

Chin indicated that the type of service used on the link "urn:ogf:network:aruba:bonaire-otn" is not described as it is know between the two ends of the link (implicit), and what the entries indicate is you can reach Curacao with EVTS through Aruba at a cost of 2.  So if the implicit service on link "urn:ogf:network:aruba:bonaire-otn" is OTN, then adaptation will occur somewhere to get you to the "EVTS" service in Curacao.

So in Chin's explanation a single service type is on the link "urn:ogf:network:aruba:bonaire-otn" and the service adaptations are described.  In mine the services on the link are described but adaptation is not.

Could you please clarify?

Thanks,
John