[Nsi-wg] NSI reservation extension

Cabaca Romao, Daniel d.f.romao at uva.nl
Thu Apr 16 05:57:39 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I work for the System and Network Engineering research group of the University of Amsterdam, where I have been working on a project which involves NSI. In this project we developed a driver for our ExoGENI virtualization cluster [1], to be able to create NSI links from the topology created on the cluster to external resources.

We have found, however, one limitation related to the NSI implementation we are using, OpenNSA, that is the lack of support to extend reservations. This is important because in the ExoGENI environment it is possible to extend reservations of topologies, but at the moment even though that is applied to the topology, we have no way to apply this extension to NSI reservations.

Is there any way to overcome this limitation without having an interruption on the data plane?

Thank you,
Daniel Romão

[1] http://www.exogeni.net

—