[Nsi-wg] NURN proposal

John MacAuley macauley at es.net
Tue Oct 21 11:57:54 EDT 2014

If an NSA receives the STP  "urn:ogf:network:surfsara.nl:2013:port:surfnet-lp-eyr3-lsg" it would follow the new rules and determine that the network identifier for this STP is "urn:ogf:network:surfsara.nl:2013:port".  The NSA would look up the network and find that one does not exist, rejecting the reservation request with either an invalid network or invalid STP error.

We do not need to worry about backwards compatibility in this case as we will be doing a cut over on the network to the new identifiers.

John