[Nsi-wg] [NSI imp] NSI Identifier format

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Mon Mar 3 04:29:52 EST 2014

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, John MacAuley wrote:

> Would it be possible to make progress on this topic so we could perhaps
> close in Atlanta?  We have had discussions, and Freek has presented the
> difference between an identifier and an address, but I believe we need
> something more concrete.  I have proposed the structured URN approach to
> address the problem.
>
> Can we please come to agreement soon?

I still don't see the need for this. It doesn't solve any problems AFAICT.
It just introduces more things to adhere to without providing any value.

Furthermore, I think it is clear that NML - at least in its current
incarnation - will not be the long term solution for us. Adding a lot of
rules for how to generate identifiers for it just seems like a waste of
time.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet