[Nsi-wg] Topology Exchange proposals (was: NSI Identifier format)

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Thu Jan 23 10:45:27 EST 2014

> 1. Identifiers should not change.
>  Otherwise the 'isAlias' connection between domains is not going
>  to work.

I am not a big fan of this requirement.  I have no issue if an identifier changes when a port changes a network.  Part of the migration would be informing peers and end users of the change.  The isAlias would be addresses as part of this migration.  I understand what you are trying to achieve, but introducing the additional infrastructure overhead to do the location independent resolution may not be worth the effort.  Of course, this is just my opinion and I would love if other people weighed in on the topic.