[Nsi-wg] NSI Topology extensions document

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Wed Jan 8 05:22:37 EST 2014

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, John MacAuley wrote:

> I renamed Service to Interface because the concept of Service was
> already used in NML and I wanted to avoid additional confusion by adding
> something else called Service in the NSI extensions that was not the
> same use of the term Service.

Yes, but that is why we have prefixes, so we can have elements with sortof
similar names. We have been calling this a service for some time in the
NSI group (and I think our use of Service is closer to what most people
think of when they hear the term service, but that is beside the point).
It doesn't change any functionality, but just moves away from terminology
already established in the NSI group.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet