[Nsi-wg] Minutes: GLIF NSI Implementation Group (Feb 5, 2014)

John MacAuley macauley at es.net
Sun Feb 16 15:08:25 EST 2014

Here are the meeting minutes from our last task force meeting.  I will be issuing an updated version of the NSA Discovery document today.

Attendees (please let me know if I missed anyone):

John MacAuley, ESnet
Henrik Thostrup Jensen, NORDUnet
Hans Trompert, SURFnet
Chin Guok, ESnet
Inder Monga, ESnet
Freek Dijkstra, SURFsara
Miroslav Živković, UvA
Tomohiro Kudoh, AIST
Kostas Stamos, GRnet

Regrets:

Guy Roberts, DANTE

1. Discussed meeting logistics for face-to-face meetings at GLIF:

1 hour - Update meeting for general GLIF community (introduction to NSI 2.0).

2 x 1.5 hours  GLIF implementation task force on Thursday
	- John (NSA Discovery), John & Chin (Topology distribution).
	- Hans (User security), Chin (verification of topology information).

Action: Inder to find rooms for additional OGF NSI Working Group meetings.

2. Discussed the NSA Discovery document schema.

John described how he separated the Discovery Protocol from the NSA Discovery metadata so that the proposed discovery protocol could generically support any type of document, and therefore, making it a viable solution for topology document exchange as well.

Action: John to incorporate the following changes and issue new version of document for formal review.
	- Include example of interface definition without a describedBy element.
	- Modify aggregator feature values to by type only.
	- Change peers element to peersWith.
	- Define the current protocol version strings supported and how they are used.
	- Add a section on who needs to implement discovery and who does not.

Action: John to update schema and send ASAP to Henrik.

3. Discussed list items we need to work on in the task force and decided a prioritized list was needed.

Action: John and Inder need to prioritize task force work items.  Build list for discussion next meeting.