[Nsi-wg] Strict enforcement of service specific elements

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Fri Sep 27 07:57:23 EDT 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, John MacAuley wrote:

> The service definition describes the service specific elements that must
> and may be present in the reserve/modify request.  It is my current view
> that this list needs to be strictly enforced, and any elements found not
> part of the service definition results in an invalid request.  If we do
> not perform strict checking then we will need to define the behaviour
> when an element is discovered that is not part of the service
> definition.

So I agree with the strict checking. However this is just syntactical
correctness. What is important as well is the semantic of the request,
i.e., a monitored evts connection is not the same as a non-monitored
connection, though they have the same syntax. IMHO such should have
different service definitions (should become more clear with the
serviceType vs. serviceDefinition discusison, which I haven't replied to
yet).

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet