[Nsi-wg] Bidirectional path finding

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Sep 25 11:14:13 EDT 2013

People,

I have a behavioural question with respect to the way we have defined the current point2point service.  Please correct me if I am wrong and have missed something fundamental...

In a bidirectional service request (directionality == Bidirectional) I specify a pair of bidirectional STP I would like connected.  Is there an assumption that I can only satisfy this service request by interconnecting bidirectional STP in the topology, or can the aggregating NSA segment this into component unidirectional ports and route using independent unidirectional STP (with any symmetricPath restrictions)?  Using bidirectional topology greatly simplifies path finding, however, the symmetricPath parameter only applies to the intra-domain connections done by the uPA.

I assume the answer to my question is "it is up to you".