[Nsi-wg] NML topology file updates

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Wed Sep 25 06:49:19 EDT 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, John MacAuley wrote:

> More issues.  I am assuming the A-GOLE diagram is intended to be somewhat accurate and therefore...
>
> 1. Startap or Startlight - how is it suppose to be named?
> 2. Northernlight or nordu.net?

nordu.net

The reason being that we don't actually own an DNS names or anything at
all (trademark, etc) related to the northernlight name AFAIK.

> 3. Pioneer and Geant are not connected in topology but are in the diagram.
> 4. Geant thinks it is connected to Netherlight in topology but Netherlight disagrees.  The diagram disagrees as well.
>
> Very hard for path computation to get anywhere with all the current issues.

Depends on the level of hardcode :-)

But yes, topology configuration is a bit of mess currently. It might
improve, but we did come up with a model that is quite compliciated and
largely ignores that there are people out there which have not been
following the NSI standard track that have to configure the NSA.

I don't think we will ever get something that is completely consistent and
correct. The code for topology aggregation and path finding will have to
do a lot of sanity checking and be fairly resilient in order to work.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet