[Nsi-wg] Meeting Minutes: August 28, 2013

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Tue Sep 3 19:39:04 EDT 2013

All,

Forgot to write these up last week, but here is a summary of the discussed topics:

1. Inclusion of source and destination STP in ERO.

No one could remember the argument from Oxford for including them in the ERO, so functionality will remain as is.  Source and destination STP are not included in the ERO.

2. Optionality of serviceType in modify and Query results.

The serviceType element is defined as optional in the reserve schema definition since we have overloaded the operation to also handle modify.  The serviceType element MUST be present in the reserve request for a new schedule, and MAY be present in the reserve request for a reservation modification, but if it is present, it must have the same value as the serviceType specified in the original reserve (we do not currently support modification of serviceType).  Documentation will be modified to clearly state this.

The serviceType element MUST be returned in the query response.  It is currently defined as optional but this is an oversight.

3. Strict versus flexible processing of service descriptions.

We had a brief discussion on the call, but a longer one once the call completed.  The heavier and processing of service descriptions is a complicated issue that will need to be formally defined and discussed in the context of implementation.  At the moment it is still too nebulous and we need to firm it up with a common understanding.

John