[Nsi-wg] "If-Modified-Since" check and version attribute

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Thu Oct 31 11:18:40 EDT 2013

Henrik,

I am using the jersey REST client in Java and just setting the header:

GET https://raw.github.com/jeroenh/AutoGOLE-Topologies/master/master.xml
Accept: application/xml
If-Modified-Since: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

I use the epoch for the first retrieve and then whatever was returned in the "Last-Modified" header.  I have also started checking the version attribute in the <NSA> element for changes.  Could you also make sure that only gets updated when there is a change, restart, etc.?

I have copied the NSI list so NSA owners can also start implementing the optimizations when they have time.  Please let me know when/if you get it done.

Thanks,
John