[Nsi-wg] Topology Distribution document

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Fri May 31 08:22:49 EDT 2013

On 31 May 2013, at 14:19, Jeroen van der Ham <vdham at uva.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 31 May 2013, at 14:06, Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net> wrote:
>> So, what exactly is it we want with this document?
>
> I wrote this document somewhere in the summer of 2012 as an informative report on where things stand, what the requirements are to move forward, and what I see as a roadmap for the future. This came out of a discussion I had with some people at SURFnet and also others.
>
> The idea of the document was to put topology distribution on the map for NSI. It is something that we have to do, that we have to think about and it has to happen if we want NSI 2.0 to have any traction at all.

I should add: this document is meant to be merely informative. It is not a standard, since it does not prescribe or define any specific mechanism.

I think it is infeasible to define a standard for topology exchange in time for NSI v2.0.
Then again, my expectation last year was that NSI v2.0 would already be published by now, so I could be wrong.

Jeroen.