[Nsi-wg] Topology Distribution document

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Fri May 31 08:06:06 EDT 2013

Hi

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> I've uploaded a new version of the Topology Distribution Informational
> GFD. This document discusses the requirements and possible solutions for
> the topology distribution for NSI as we have identified them so far.

I've just read the document, and I though it would be standard document,
and not so much of a discussion, and this probably reflects in my feedback
quit a lot:

--

1.2
The last paragraph: "Requests to NSI"? I am not sure the latter

1.3
A lot of these things are specified in the NSI document (also true for
1.2), and I am wondering what they are doing here.

It sounds as if NSI is only bi-directional, while it can setup both uni-
and bi- directional circuits.

1.4
Initial paragraph is a bit odd.

1.5
The conclusion of this section does not seem to follow the NSI spec or
current practice.
--
After reading section 1, I am somewhat left wondering what the purpose of
the section is.

3.1:
I'd relax the phrase "complete seperate" to something like "not
necessarely the same"

3.2
The mechanisms described in here are very simple. Yet it sounds quite
complicated.

3.3 + 3.4
This sounds more like a discussion than an actual standard.
This goes for the entire document, and I find it somewhat problematic.

I though the current intention was to switch from the Github approach to
an HTTP based distribution. Then later consider a peer-to-peer
distribution in time, if neeeded.

--

So, what exactly is it we want with this document?

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet