[Nsi-wg] Do we allow one NSA (by URL) to act for multiple networks?

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Thu Jan 31 08:28:56 EST 2013

I had a funny feeling someone was going to bring this up :-)

You are correct in that we do need to distinguish between services, however, the NSA is not distinguished by the service endpoint.  A requester NSA can determine the protocol endpoint for a specific service and for a specific NSA through the Discovery Service.  If there are multiple NSA off of a common protocol endpoint, then the provider NSA element is used to determine the target NSA for that endpoint.  If the endpoint supports multiple services, then the service operation contained in the message will identify the specific service being targeted.

Does that address your concerns?  I wanted to make sure we clearly state that the providerNSA value should be the only value used to identify the NSA.  Would you like me to add the specific statement about how a shared endpoint should behave?

Thanks,
John