[Nsi-wg] FW: orientation

Guy Roberts Guy.Roberts at dante.net
Wed Jan 30 11:58:03 EST 2013

For discussion today...

From: Guy Roberts
Sent: 23 January 2013 17:42
To: Henrik Thostrup Jensen (htj at nordu.net)
Cc: nsi-wg at ogf.org
Subject: orientation

Henrik,

Looking up my documentation on orientation I see that I came up with this definition:

Orientation

·         Orientation attribute is used to assign a direction to a bidirectional STP to remove ambiguity when performing path computation.  Orientation type is ingress or egress.  Ingress/Egress is relative to the Network.

See the attached document for discussion, but I think that we can drop the orientation attribute as there are other ways of solving the problem.

Guy

Guy Roberts PhD
Senior Transport Network Architect
DANTE
Cambridge, UK
+44 1223 371316

DANTE is the project co-ordinator and operator of GÉANT,
the high-speed pan-European research and education network that is
transforming the way researchers collaborate.
Learn more at: www.geant.net<http://www.geant.net/>
Like us on: www.facebook.com/GEANTnetwork<http://www.facebook.com/GEANTnetwork>
Follow us at: www.twitter.com/GEANTnews<http://www.twitter.com/GEANTnews>

DANTE is the trading name of Delivery of Advanced Network Technology to Europe Limited registered in England & Wales. Registration Number 2806796. Registered Office - 9400 Garsington Road, Oxford Business Park, Oxford OX4 2HN.